Sustaining HeArtfullness (SH)
Sustaining HeArtfullness (SH) is a 6-week program that uses meditation, art, guided imagery and journaling to connect with inner resources that sustain the heart as we care for others and navigate the complexities of modern life.
SH is designed to deepen participants' awareness of what drains and what sustains fullness of heart for them. The capital A in heArtfullness, refers to using art and creative ways to engage with the wisdom of one's own heart to reflect on one's experiences. This practical, skill-based training bolsters participants experience and confidence with using evidence-based tools that allow to maintain balance as we care for others and for the world around us.
SH offers a supportive environment to tap into, and to cultivate inner resources that lead to greater resilience, vitality and joy.
The 6-Week Sustaining HeArtfullness Training Includes
- 2 hours per week of meditation practice, skill-building exercises, contemplative reflection using art & journaling and group sharing
- The 5th session is an all day, self-care retreat that includes gentle yoga, contemplative art-making, journaling and group sharing (10am to 4pm)
- Access to a class webpage that provides links to guided audio meditations, research articles, and other helpful resources for participants who are interested in deepening and expanding on what we cover in class.
- The class webpage is available to class participants for the duration of the 6-week training, as well as for an additional 6 months period after completing the SH training.
Who Can Benefit from Sustaining HeArtfulness
- Mental health and healthcare professionals
- Anyone interested in using meditation, art, journaling and guided imagery to access the power of their own heart to sustain balance and wellbeing in a challenging world
Sylvia Dolce is a certified CCT Instructor from the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education, Stanford University. Founder of Integrative Self Care, she has a masters degree in art therapy. Sylvia is also certified as a guided imagery practitioner, and as a yoga instructor. She has been a meditation practitioner for 35 years and loves to share her skills and experience with individuals and organizations in the USA, Canada and Europe.
For information on how to schedule a Sustaining HeArtfulness training or workshop for your organization, please contact Sylvia Dolce at 650-223-4087 or, e-mail email@example.com
Relax, Breathe, Refresh, Reflect, Restore, Create, Enjoy, Rediscover, Invite, Let-go, Explore, Dare, Express, Connect, Find Comfort, Kindness, Gratitude & Joy